Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need Address Standardization Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

SBird

Programmer
Dec 1, 2000
US
Does anyone know of any address standardization software written in Cobol?

Happy holidays!

Hi,

Do you mean things like street, city, country, etc. etc?

The funny thing is there is no good international standard.
I live in Holland. There are a lot of places I fill in my address on the web. And what happens... The software doesn't agree with my 'state', zipcode, etc..... because here is one country without states....

It would be nice to have some standard software which also understands my country :)

Greetings,

Crox

Hello,

Surf a Software Company named Group 1 at They do a lot with address standardization in COBOL.

Hope this helps.

Season's Greetings.

I worked for a company that mailed W-2's, 1099's, etc., and we used software that was written by Group1 called Mailsort. It ran a standardization regulated by the postal service. We regularly mailed items outside the United States. The software as 1/99 was coded with COBOL. Hope this helps.

Here is more information on Group 1. The company offers Address and Data Quality on International addresses also.

info@g1.com

Group 1 Software is a leading provider of software for data quality, database marketing, customer relationship documents, and direct marketing applications. Group 1 supports MVS, VSE, AS/400, UNIX (including Linux), Windows NT, Windows 2000 and other operating systems and various computers. Group 1 has offices throughout the United States and in Canada, the United Kingdom, and continental Europe; the Miami office serves the Latin American market. The company is also represented in Asia and Australia.

Thankyou to everyone who suggested Group 1!
They say they've got a solution and are coming to present it next week!

We use Group1 here on our mainframe, and it's excellent top quality software.

However, if you want to do this from a PC using Fujitsu COBOL (or any other that has a COM interface) check out:

It's an excellent ActiveX control for handling address parsing and standardization. I have sample code I'm willing to share for Fujitsu COBOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back