Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need Access 2003 to edit SQL tables that have BigInt

Status
Not open for further replies.

JordanCN2

IS-IT--Management
Feb 7, 2011
US
I am kind of in a pickle here. I really only know Access to do my update queries however the developer of one of our software packages updated a lot of the tables to include a BigInt column in a lot of the key tables. This is not something that I can change.

I know I can do views easy enough to see the info I want, but I need to be able to add and change records. Is there any way I can do this?

(The bigint on the tables is just being used as an auto counter so I do not need to see it at all)

I don't have any issues with BigInt columns in 2003 - Access treats it as a text field. (And allows me to update it).

If it's not the id field, just don't use it in your queries and updates.

Greg
People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use. Kierkegaard

I believe my issue is because the developers of the tables have set the BigInt field as the Primary Key. This causes all the fields to show up as #Deleted.

Try unlinking and relinking the tables.

(If that doesn't solve it, go kick some developer butt.)

Greg
People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use. Kierkegaard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back