Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need AC Adapter info for external USR Sportster x2

Status
Not open for further replies.

beerslayer

Technical User
Feb 25, 2012
US
Hi, all -

I have a USR "Sportster Faxmodem with x2" external modem, model #001786-02. Unfortunately, I do not have the AC adapter that came with it. The modem itself has no information about its power requirements (voltage, current, polarity, etc.), and the USR website is utterly unhelpful - this information does not seem to be available anywhere I can find on that site, not even in the downloadable user manual for this model modem.

I have a "universal" power supply that can be set for several different voltages, but I don't want to just try them at random and risk damaging the modem. I'd like to know what the correct setting for this modem would be. Is that information available anywhere reliable online?

Thanks in advance...

9vac 1A.

Hot from the label on a wall wart.

Never did find it in the manuals but with the modems subject to failure there have always been extras floating around.

Ed Fair
Give the wrong symptoms, get the wrong solutions.

Thanks, Ed. I appreciate the response.

Actually, if that adapter provides 9v *AC*, my 3rd-party adapter almost surely won't work since it can only supply 9v *DC*. I'm not sure I've ever seen a multi-adapter that offers AC output as an option.

Oh, well. I'll have to find something somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back