Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need a Test Server in SoCal

Status
Not open for further replies.

miteshdmanek

Technical User
Jul 6, 2004
US
This request may be a little unorthodox but figured I would give it a shot. I work as an AIX/SAN Admin in the San Diego area and we are conducting a DR test in Philly in early November. Unfortunately I do not have ANY means to test a restore of my TSM/NIM Server MKSYSB tape and the entire recovery hinges on this server being successfully recovered first. Unfortunately with the short notice I am unable to send a tape to get it tested at the DR site or get my company to purchase a test server.

Is there anyone in the general area (San Diego/LA) that has a p4 or above server that I can test this MKSYSB tape on? Any help would be much appreciated. Hardware requirements are minimal -- I just want to make sure the image restores to a login prompt.

Call IBM sales, ask for a try and buy, they'll "give" you a system for a few weeks to see if it suits your needs. Obviously don't tell them you have no intention of buying it, spin them along with some new service you are testing :)
If after the few weeks you decide not to buy it they'll take it away, all for free.

I find it hard to believe that your MKSYSB tape can not be pre-tested at your DR site sometime before November. Have you explored the option of possibly having the tape pre-tested at one of your alternate DR sites?

But then again if you are looking to go beyond having just the MKSYSB restored, then I can understand why it can not be tested before November....

-FrankieAIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back