Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need a station to ring when getting incoming call

Status
Not open for further replies.

brbrooks

Technical User
Mar 28, 2007
US
I had a local company install the Vodavi Starplus STSe phone system and did not leave me a more detailed programmin manual. I would like to have another station ring when getting an incoming call. Is this possible and how is it done? Any assistance would be appreciated.

yes it can be done. from the progamming phone (normally 100)
enter **3226
press flash 40
enter the co line numbers (001 - 004) or what ever lines you want to ring.
press flexbile button 10
enter the ext number
then press the corresponding ringing options
1 for day 2 or night or 7 for all times

press flexible button 13 to make sure the programming took

ACA & ACS IPO Implementation

Thanks jconrad0305. I did as you instructed but my Flex 10 button is used for an ext. Can I use any Flex Button? Do you have to press HOLD after the CO line entry and the ext entry?

This is a bit of a problem. What your flex button is or was is immaterial. FLEX 10 is a programming step, so if you don't understand the concept, and you're doing this without a manual, you can do serious damage to the sytsem, like turn it into a giant paperweight.

Since most Vodavi's program the same way, I'd do a web search or a wedophones.com and grab ANY Starplus manual and sit down with the full manual before I attempt to do this again.

LkEErie

From station 100 if the installer did not change the default password, keep the phone on-hook and dial **3226, the display should read admin "programming", follow the procedure below.

*CO Line Ringing - FLASH 40, 001 001 (001=Line 1, 002=Line 2, HOLD=All), HOLD, Button 10, DDDR (DDD=STA, R=ring type 0=no ring, 1=Day Ring, 2-Night Ring, 3=Day/Night Ring, 7=ALL) HOLD p2-75 (Button 13 to check)

CO Line Display Ring Assignment - FLASH 40, 001001 (001=Line 1, 002=Line 2, HOLD=All), HOLD, Button 13. P2-77

Way to go Messro

We all need a little help once in awhile. Tony the Phoneman..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back