Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEED A SQL QUERY

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeriyurParthi

IS-IT--Management
Jul 18, 2001
IN
hi all
iam useing the following query for updation in transaction table from master, if there is no proper record to revelant field it is simply executing, what i want is i need to wheather the data have been updated or not.

RS2.Open "insert into prodmaster(prodmaster.prodcode,prodmaster.prodname,prodmaster.catcode,prodmaster.catname) select " & Val(txtProdCode.Text) & ",'" & Trim(txtProdName.Text) & "', catcode,catname from catmaster where catname='" & Trim(lstProdCatMaster.Text) & "'"

iam useing the above query from vb, now i doent know wheather the record have updated or not.
replies will be help full thanks
parthi

try entering in data in the VB screen and then query it up later in SQL. that is the only way to be sure if the data is being stored properly
steve

Since Oracle 8 you may use RETURNING clause for INSERT statements. You'll get ROWID of inserted row.
You may also analyze SQL%ROWCOUNT value, it shows the number of rows processed by the latest statement.

Hi,

why dont' u try raising exceptions

Best Regards,
Srikanth M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back