Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need a script to capture traffic data for Nortel DMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjdunn

Technical User
Apr 11, 2002
NZ
Hi i am very new to Aspect Programming and i have been looking through the general questions/ responces etc and i was wondering if anyone may be able to help me with Nortel DMS traffic collecting type scripts. Collecting trunk groups and then specific data fields and exporting them to excell .
I appologise and realise this is very general enquiry
but i have only just begun to experiment with some commands.

Thankyou
Mike

This link will take you to some Meridian scripts. Perhaps you can modify the "transmit" command for the DMS platform and still use the file capture procedures.

Please write back with any specifics you may need.
Robert Harris
Communications Advantage

Hello,

I work on DMS-100 Switches Daily. Has this to do with OMSHOW Reports ??? If so,I can probably help you out.

Hank

Hi hankm3

Thanks to knob fir that site for meridian script site-very helpfull.

Hi Hankm3

Thanks for your reply
Yes, i use the OMSHOW command and i have also setup a OMPR for a specific trunk groups.

If you are able to share any Procomm scripts that would really help me out.
I was looking at stripping out specific fields like NATTMPTS etc and send them to a excell spread sheet for graphing purposes.

my email address is mike.dunn@telstrasaturn.co.nz

Many Thanks Hankm3

This can be done without the use of an aspect script. Capture the OM to a device, say on an hourly period (Busy Hr) or whatever you like. Build a spreadsheet to handle the OM Groups you want graphed. All you have to do is copy and paste the captured data. I have just a thing that i use for my Nortel clients. Email me and i will show it to you. You are welcome to it.

info@stellar-systems.net

Waxaholic

Update:

Have Created a Script to Breakdown an OMPR Report and send it to Excel for Processing. Currently working on an OnLine Version to Monitor an IO Channel in the DMS and wait and Capture the Reports.

Hank

hmc4500@bellsouth.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back