Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need a JSP Server that works well on win2k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinman

Programmer
Apr 8, 1999
US
Does any one have any suggestions for a good jsp server for win nt5 for some one trying to learn to code jsp?
Chad
tinman@thelandofoz.org

Tinman,

Welcome to OZ.

I like Resin. Resin is fast. Resin is easy to setup. Resin is good.

Tomcat, is not bad although I find it slower then Resin. But Tomcat is the reference implementation for Servlets and JSP. Tomcat is also easy to install but not quite as easy as Resin.

Both are free for personal development purposes, although Resin requires a fee if you are using it commercially. Both are open source (I believe).

Get Resin from Get Tomcat from Wushutwist

you can also try JRUN from Allaire

it's easy to use but also fit last J2EE specification

manu0

We use Tomcat, which works just fine. Like wushutwist said, it's the reference implementation, so you'll get benefits from that (what they are is escaping me at the moment, but it's 1:30AM). <p>Liam Morley<br><A HREF="mailto:"></A><br>&quot;light the deep, and bring silence to the world.<br>light the world, and bring depth to the silence.&quot;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back