Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need A File Name...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DesertRat1955

Technical User
Jan 16, 2003
US
In Win2000 can anyone tell which file controls the desktop GUI. I know it's in Sys32 but I'm lost as to which one. Thanks...cheers

Explorer.exe is the shell. You may need to be more explicit by what you mean by "control the gui" though. ________
Remember, you're unique... just like everyone else.

Your Rright jasen...I should have been, and yes "explorer" controls the shell but what I'm trying to determine is if it controls every aspect of the "desktop", ie width of borders, colors, type & size of fonts etc. I'm trying to do a "special" for a good friend and he wants to take his freshly installed version of 2000 and copy my customized desktop appearance onto to his. (hey go figure, some folks are never happy)....thanks again..cheers

If you are looking to change the appearance of your desktop, right click the desktop and select properties. Under the Appearance tab you can either select a windows scheme, or click on the drop down box and you can change all kinds of settings, icon size and font, colors, borders whatever you want to do. Best way is to open a program, minimize it and then make a change, look to see how the change affected the look of your window, icons, color, whatever. Have a look. Hope this is what you were looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back