Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need a drop down menu on index page!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jameszr1

MIS
Apr 24, 2002
US
Using FP2002 I'd like to put some important public information on a drop down window on the index page when requested by my boss. I work for a sheriff's department and is there a way to have any type? I appreciate your help. Jameszr1@netzero.net

Hello.

I used that site and I thought it worked great, except for ONE thing.

I took off the code that changed the type under the drop down box and now when i published it I get the following error.

"A runtime error has occured. Do you wish to debug? Line 11 object expected"

Here is the code that i have for my drop down menu.

<form name=&quot;a294&quot; >
<select name=&quot;a969&quot; size=&quot;1&quot; style=&quot;background-color:#FFFFD7&quot; onChange=&quot;displaydesc(document.a294.a969.selectedIndex)&quot;>
<option selected value=&quot;mda.htm&quot;>Management's Discussion and Analysis </option>
<option value=&quot;cbs.htm&quot;>Consolidated Balance Sheets</option>
<option value=&quot;cse.htm&quot;>Consolidated Statements of Earnings</option>
<option value=&quot;cscf.htm&quot;>Consilidated Statements of Cash Flows</option>
<option value=&quot;notes.htm&quot;>Notes to Consilidated Financial Statements</option>
</select>
<input type=&quot;button&quot; value=&quot;Go&quot;
onClick=&quot;location=document.a294.a969.options[document.a294.a969.selectedIndex].value&quot;><br>
<span id=&quot;descriptions&quot; align=&quot;left&quot; style=&quot;font:italic 13px Arial&quot;>
</span>
</form>

Basically, i just want a drop down menu where i can click on the options and it will load go to the specific webpage.

Any help would be much appreciated!

S-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back