Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need a DHCP program to do admin on static/dynamic

Status
Not open for further replies.

IT1Mac

IS-IT--Management
Sep 5, 2007
US
I am helping resolve a problem with a network that started just to service some HVAC equipment and evolved into multiple systems/equipment on a mostly wireless network. The problem I'm facing is that the DSL router is doing the DHCP job, but it can't handle working with static IP's. I need some software that that can do static and dynamic pools of IP's, handle XP and Vista, and have a user friendly GUI.

I have tried a few freeware but have run into problems with machines running Vista not being able to access the network after shifting to the new DHCP software.

Has anyone ever run into this problem, or have any suggestions on how to resolve? The network is going to continue to grow, and the guy's responsible for taking care of it don't have a lot of experiance but are smart. I'm looking to make this work as user friendly as possable so I don't get called in to "help" too often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back