Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need a CMS solution for conference guest registry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Netherwolf

Programmer
Nov 13, 2002
US
It's a small conference for students. I need to be able to store names, phone numbers, email addresses, and the school they're attending. I also need to add "mod" privileges to the school contact representatives (1 rep but multiple attendees per school) for each organization so they can coordinate travel arrangements, but only over the students they are responsible for.
I suppose effectively what I'm looking for is a message board CMS without the board and with restrictive per-school moderator privileges.

Any thoughts?

EDIT: Sorry, I forgot to mention. This server is running PHP/MySQL.

Yes, Drupal should work just fine for this. If you go to the site there, you can find many big site success stories, but there are many other small success stories also listed there and at other sites. Just do some searching on Drupal and your specific situation. I've seen where schools - high schools, colleges, etc, have done this to great effect. You'd just want to make sure your web host handles it very well, b/c some hosts don't handle CMS as well as others. I've got my personal recommendations there, but I'll reserve that unless you want to hear it. [smile]

--

"If to err is human, then I must be some kind of human!" -Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back