Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NECSL2100 does not connect stations after software upgrade

Tinos

Technical User
Nov 5, 2014
BW
Good day.
I have SL2100 which I updated the software to v5.30. After the system reboot all phones gave no dial tone and digital phones have blank screens.
Factory reset also does not fix this issue.
How do I recover the system to start working again?

That happens sometimes, not often but sometimes. The only option is to try and reflash the firmware. Can you access the web GUI or PC Pro? If not, you can flash with an SD card. If that fails, you're probably out of luck. Hopefully it's under warranty still.

Unfortunately WebPro does not open. Last known IP address or 192.168.0.10 is not reachable. Please share the procedure for using SD card. System is long past warranty.

For the SD card procedure, RUN and ALM LEDs do not flash 7+mins after releasing LOAD button when powered on with LOAD button pressed. I take it this is a sign of a bricked CPU which needs to be replaced or there is yet another way to recover?

I think you're bricked. There's no other restore option.

When I buy a new CPU to replace what happens to the licenses on the bricked CPU? Do they get moved to the new CPU by partner?

Try and flash it again and WAIT. I've had it take 30 minutes. Not to say it isn't bricked but let it run.

He would replace it with another 2100 because phones are the #1 cost of a phone system. SL2100 base cabinets are also very inexpensive.

I wont replace the SL2100 as this was an unplanned incident when there is no budget for a rip and change.
I did flash again and left it overnight, still LEDs not flashing. Definitely bricked.

Have you considered sending the CPU for repair rather than buy a new one? NEC may have another way of recovering it that they don't tell us about.

The dealer has expressed that licenses wont be moved to the replacement CPU. I have to repurchase licenses for the replacement CPU. Eventually I will do that however I would like another shot at recovering the "bricked" CPU.
Has anyone else experienced this and worked around it?

Pull the battery and drain all the caps. Then install a new battery and try it again.

I have removed battery for 5hrs, put in a new one and went through the SD card steps again. Sadly both RUN and ALM are continuously lit and recovery did not occur.
I am inviting more ideas to try.

Good day.
Just checking once more if anyone has had this issue and managed to resolve to advise.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back