Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Necessary Runtime files to include in Installation of VB 6.0 app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katriona

Programmer
Aug 29, 1999
AU
Hi<br>
I'm having a problem fully installing a VB 6.0 app that uses Crystal Reports 6.0 on a box that does not have Crystal Reports 6.0 installed.<br>
Does anyone out there have a list of the crystal report files I have to include in my InstallShield 5.1 installation of an application written in VB?<br>
Any other tips for distributing apps that use Crystal Reports 6.0?<br>
<br>
Any help appreciated :)

The second easiest way to do it is check out the help file that comes with the full install of crystal reports runtime.hlp. The files you need depend on the datasource, 16 verses 32 bit, NT verses win9X, etc. <br>
The easiest way to do it (although it includes a fair number of non - essential files) is to use the wizard in Crystal Reports under Report¦Report Distribution Expert. Just open up the report you want to distribute, go to the expert, specify a location for the files that you will distribute, and you will get all the files you need, with some bonus files you have absolutely no need for. <p>Malcolm Wynden<br><a href=mailto:wynden@island.dot.net>wynden@island.dot.net</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back