Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEC UM8000 - hangs up after greeting

Status
Not open for further replies.

EWNCMI

IS-IT--Management
Jun 26, 2007
US
NEC sv8100 UM8000 configuration. The voicemail side answers after 4 rings and plays the correct greeting but then the voicemail system hangs up (or that's what the caller experiences). Assumin the sv8100 is working properly since the call does get transferred to the voicemail side. Not a phone guy but have access to the UM8000 portal. I tried a restore to a couple of months ago (users not exactly sure when the problem started but that a month ago was best guess) Restored successfully but no joy. I also tried a restore back 12 months ago but no luck.

Sorry, Voicemail box answers and then the connection is lost by the caller. All extensions. Thanks and have a Happy New Year!

Is the voicemail full? FYI the UM8000 is discontinued eol. Is this both internal and external calls?

Both Internal and external calls. Not sure how to tell if voicemail is full, but the automatic backup is pretty small.

You should look at a subscriber mail box and make sure the default is leave a message.

When you log on at the home screen you should see the amount of recording time. If you don't have any then the drive is full. I would think that if the drive is full the system would play a prompt telling you it can't take messages then it would hangup.

If you have a full drive you need to make sure to turn off any logging in the VM system. logging is only turned on to troubleshoot. If it is left on it will eventually crash the system. That is accessed from the web interface under system I think.

Deleting the logs requires you to log in with Putty (SSH) with the system administrator username and password (admin:voicemail). From there you can find the command prompt option and you will be connected to the Linux terminal.

There are 10 kinds of people in the World.

Those that understand Binary and those that don't.

In the Switch/extensions section of the UM8000 web console, see where the calls land when they come in. The default is OPEN. If so go to Call Management/Opening Boxes. Open the OPEN box and go to the greetings tab and check the Action after greeting configuration. It`s probably set to Hang up. This may solve your issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back