Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEC SV9100 V.10 to V.12 firmware upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

CWBCCS

Systems Engineer
Oct 8, 2020
US
Anyone had an issue with an SV9100 system not rebooting after a firmware upgrade via PCPro? CP-20 using PCPro version for CP-20. I upgraded other CP-20's and worked perfectly. This one did not auto reboot after the firmware was uploaded. Thinking of trying again however I read where there have been instances that the entire system would not come back online after upgrade if the auto reboot didnt occur. Anyone seen this or any suggestions?

I've had it on a CP10, twice. I usually do the updates via WebPro but the last couple have hiccupped. One time I was able to push the update via PcPro and the system rebooted and came back to life. Second one, it would not reboot and could not get system to recover. Luckily it was my home office system and had a used CP10 I could use, until NEC is able to start shipping CPUs again.

To say the least, I am a little gun-shy now about doing updates after having two in a row fail.

Why would you have to wait till they start shipping CPUs again, Can't you just send the bricked one back to have it recovered?

When I was speaking with NTAC, they did not offer for us to ship it in. I am guessing as it is out of warranty, they want me to purchase a new CP20.

They have replaced a couple CP10s back in the day when there was the issue with bad SD cards causing the CPU to fail, but have never been given the option to send one back to be recovered.

You should ask, I'm fortunate in that the local NEC office has someone who can both recover the CPU and reset the Demo License. But it is a service they should offer especially when new CPUs are not available. Apparently it is quite a simple operation, You aren't asking them to replace the CPU just recover it after a failed upgrade! It could be argued that it was the failure of their firmware that bricked it so they would be obliged to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back