Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEC SV9100 - UC SUITE - CTI COMMUNICATION FAILURE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christly

Programmer
Jun 7, 2022
PH
Hi All,

We had a problem when UC Suite launches I get the error CTI communication failure "The specified extension number already use"

During from the start of installation, UC Suite is not able to work properly in all pc units that they have.

According to our client, sometimes this pc user will able to work but most of the time this error message will come up to their screens.

how can i troubleshoot it when the number licenses for this application (UC SUITE) is valid? and the total quantity of their pc units is match the availability of licenses.

is there anything that we can do to ensure that this error won't happen again?

No.5103 VoIP Channel 16
No.5104 Built-in VoIP Channel 8
No.5111 IP Terminal 10
No.5301 UCS SoftPhone Client 10

Thanks all and happy to hear your insights.

Hi,

I think they are not using UC Server.

What would be the case if they are not using UC Server?

Thanks and Looking forward to your response.

If you are changing PC's and/or MAC addresses off a NIC you may run into issues where you will need to remove them from being allocated on the processor. I haven't seen this in some years running a UC server. I know the PC program will run without the server but in a reduced capacity. Looks like you are using the softphone capability on the UC Suite?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back