Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEC SV9100 strangeness

Status
Not open for further replies.

zvanselow

IS-IT--Management
Aug 17, 2021
US
So we have a NEC SV9100 here. A few times a season I get a report that an Analog line is randomly calling the wrong extension. When I investigate I find that the phone will start dialing another line after 2 buttons are pushed, whereas we use 4 digit extension here. It is not random for instance 30 will always dial out Box Office, and 14 will always dial our First Aid building. It is almost as if a sort of Speed Dial function is being turned on but I see no setting for it when I am in the Web UI for the phone system. Ive poured through all the settings I can think of in the web ui and cannot find anything obvious. No special groups that this extension is being thrown into or anything like that. I usually just swap the port out but im getting tired of wasting ports on something that seems to be a setting that i should just be able to turn off.

Also we use 9 to access outside calling. Normally you dial 9 then a phone number and you can call outside the facility. Today I followed up on a report of a line no longer calling out and found that if you dial 9 then get 3 digits into the phone number it just gives you the busy signal. Again this line does not appear to be in any toll restriction group or park group or anything like that. All settings in the phone system appear to be the same as all other lines.

Any insight into these problems?

Its happened to multiple lines over the last few years. And yes i have tried swapping with brand new phones. The issue persists.

These are analog lines im talking about. I thought Camp-On was only for Digital or VOIP lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back