Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEC SV9100 Licensing 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

thomen00

Technical User
Jan 31, 2006
US
Hello, I'm new to the NEC world and I understand the SV9100 uses licenses to activate features. My customer doesn't use many features, only have about 6 digital phones and 3-4 analog phone lines. Do you need licenses to activate these features? What does the SV9100 come with out of the box? Thanks!

Out of the box..absolutely nothing. You will need to add licensing to get the system working. At a minimum you need resource licenses for the cards.

CoralTech thank you for the reply. So a new system has zero licenses and even if I put a digital station card in it I would not be able to get a digital phone to work until I added resource licensing? Does each card need a separate license?

Well, depends on the system. There are 2 flavors. E package/voip with IPLE card OR the S package which SHOULD come with 48 resource ports. Either way you have to load licenses. So if you have an 8 port card that would require 8 resource ports to activate the card. So just do the math. 8 port digital card 4 port single line and 4 port co card is 16 resource ports.

Thanks for the info. Does loading the license require NEC LMS access?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back