Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEC SV9100 Forward Off-Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

PJH1525

Vendor
Jul 19, 2017
US
I have a plumbing and heating company that forwards calls to an answering service when their system is in Night mode.

They have Loop Start trunks coming into the system. When a person calls in they get a couple of seconds of dial tone when the call forwards off site. Is there a way to eliminate that little burst of dial tone?
The customer is getting frustrated because their callers think the call is getting disconnected.

We had a similar situation with a customer. Unfortunately, NEC informed us that is how it works with POTS lines on the system. We were able to demonstrate to the customer that call forwarding the line via their service provider was the better option and that has worked much better for them and for us as the vendor. While I realize not all providers are the same this is what they have (Spectrum/Charter is the SP).

They can select line 1 and forward using the *72 code ad-hoc.
Through the web portal, they can also set up ad-hoc forwarding and, if I remember correctly, can also set up a schedule.
Spectrum will forward as many calls as come in.
Since the line is forwarded in the CO, no problems with tying up lines (each forward requires 2 trunks through the PBX), or bad disconnects causing a CO to stay off hook. Lastly, if the system loses power the forwarding still occurs since, again, it is done in the CO. If you are forwarding on your system and the system loses power, callers will get Ring No Answer until power is restored. Not a good position to be in if taking emergency calls.

PRI and SIP do not behave this way so this could also be another solution.

With POTS, we have had better luck when suggesting to customers to learn to use the portal and forward in the CO if it is possible.

Thanks for the info. I figured that would be the answer. I’ll give them the option to forward through the CO or to try SIP.

Thanks again

You can turn on 40-10, and it will give customers a prompt advising 'Your call is being forwarded, please wait'

Do I need a flash card for the VRS to function?

Thanks

No flash card is needed, however you do need a VRS license.

Dear All Helpers

Sorry for bothering you

i'm a new @ NEC-Sopho
I've NEC-SV9100 connected to Sopho iS3000 using 2xPRI GCD-PTRA 4 wire Tied Line Trunk with 60 B-Channel
NEC-SV9100 has internal extensions of 4xxx and the Sopho has Analog Extensions [1xxx, 2xxx, 3xxx, and 5xxx] also has 34 PSTN Lines
when i dial from 4444 to 1602 the call established but when i tried to call from 1602 to 4444 i got busy tone coz there is no route configured for 4xxx on Sopho
how can i configure Sopho to know the IP Phone extensions on NEC-SV9100

i need OM command for this

also i need the IP Phones to dial 9 trunk access code on NEC then the NEC-SV9100 directly pickup any of the 34 PSTN lines on Sopho so i can establish external call from NEC IP Phones
i configure ARS and F-Route on NEC but when i dial 9 i hear another tone then i dial any mobile number i got on my NEC IP Phone Screen Line 001 then i hear silence only

i need OM command for this

Regards,
Ahmad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back