Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEC SV9100 Call Forwarding

Status
Not open for further replies.

PJH1525

Vendor
Jul 19, 2017
US
I have a SV9100 customer who says that when a user's extension is call forwarded and an outside caller dials their DID number that it actually rings the main number instead of following the forwarding. The DID's come in on a T1. Is there a setting in the Translation Table that needs to be set for the calls to the DID to follow the forwarding?

I am going to the customers location to do testing but thought I would ask ahead of time.

Also, they would like to have the ability to override a phone that is in DND. I see there is a button that can be programmed to override DND/Call forwarding but I tested on our demo system and couldn't get it to ring a phone that was in DND. Any suggestions there as well?

Thanks

The settings in the DID tables merely send the call to an extension. As long as you set the tables up so they do not follow night mode, then the call should always go to the specified extension. After that the individual forward setting takes over. Make sure night mode is not redirecting the call. And verify in the call forward setting a trunk access code is specified with the outside number. After that look at the COS settings for forward outside.
Not sure about the DID override. I thought you could do it with an access code.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back