Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEC sv8100 - System Data - 15-01 Extension Basic setup - name - unable to change name

Status
Not open for further replies.

ts312

Technical User
Dec 11, 2008
US
Hello - on a NEC sv8100 - logging in thru webpage to System Data - going to program 15-01 Extension Basic setup - name - unable to change name, it gives me error "Enter any characters" pops up in a dialog box when I hit apply.
I am able to change name from telephone set manually, but want to know how or why I'm having trouble doing it through webpage.
Same issue with changing name of trunks.

What browser are you using? Those fields for some reason only seem to work with Internet Explorer.

If you are continuing to have issues with browser, default code for changing names on a handset is 700 (if Hot Keypad isnt on dial Speaker, 700), enter your extension no. then use keypress to change the name. Sometimes I find this easier than logging in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back