Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEC SV8100 IP terminal licenses

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsct

Programmer
Mar 23, 2023
AU
hi all,

I am looking to expand the number of 'IP terminal basic' licenses on my NEC sv8100. The company that originally sold me the system says it is EOL and expanding the licenses is no longer possible. Is this true and is there really no other way of expanding the number of IP terminals on this system?

Thanks

There are two things you can do. Upgrade to a 9100, or replsce the system. Note that NEC is discontinuing all systems. 9100, 9300, 9500 and 2100.

Bottom line no you cannot purchase licenses for any of the SV8000 series of systems. They were EOL years ago.

If you are going to upgrade to a 9100 it has to be purchased before the end of this year. See this thread here for full details.

There are 10 kinds of people in the World.

Those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Yep, all this. I have a LOT of people upgrading before the end of the year. I tried to get them to look at other options but they love their NEC. I mean, I get it...it's as solid as anything.

Thanks for the replies guys. Would it be possible to buy an SV9100 CPU card from ebay, use it in the sv8100 chassis with existing blades and backup the sv8100 config and restore to sv9100? Or does it get really complicated? I guess migrating the licenses would be an issue..

No. You would need the licenses, and I believe some blades need to be replaced or upgraded. Updated software is only available from NEC. You have no idea what you will get on eBay.

What you would get from ebay is one like I have in my home lab right now. it is a full licensed SV9100 CPU that was upgraded a couple of years ago. The CPU technically has all of its licenses still installed but those licenses were transferred off to the new CPU that replaced it. It is not licensed for anything IP and never can be.

Your best bet is to contact a NEC dealer and purchase one

Note that if you do buy a CPU off of ebay the cards in a SV8100 do not work in the SV9100 without the Migration license.

If you go to NEC to buy licenses and the CPU isn't register to you they will make you basically purchase it again (even though you have it) and then purchase licenses.

Going the cheap route could cost more than buying one directly.

There are 10 kinds of people in the World.

Those that understand Binary and those that don't.

you can still purchase the following until DEC 31 2024
BE107164 SIP TRK LIC (4)
BE107572 PORT 256-712
BE107573 PORT 65-256
BE107586 IP TERM LIC
to name a few.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back