Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEC SL2100- new install. Very weird lines rolling over

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReconGuy

Vendor
Dec 31, 2023
US
I just installed an SL2100. System has (3) regular CO’s. I’m very much aware that rolling over/hunting is a carrier thing(so I thought until late Friday afternoon).

Just about to leave. Was struggling with getting AA to pickup in 4-5 rings. My current program was having it pickup immediately. While playing with timer(I had set at 15 sec). I make a test call(customer was gone for the day already)from my cell. Line rings on line 1 in my ear on cell. After 4-5 rings, it suddenly moves to line 2, and after 4-5 more rings it rolls to 3. After a few more rings the AA finally picks up. What in the heck? Wasn’t a fluke. Did it multiple times. I started adjusting the timer from 15 secs down to 8. Finally got line 1 to pickup before it rolled to 2. I literally watched it go from 1 to 2 to 3 all while my cell was on same call. Help me.(I’m not a crazy person)

Again, carrier issue. THEY are rolling the lines faster than you want. YOU can only control your end. And remember, there is one ring needed for caller ID that usually doesn't ring the phones.

Thank you CoralTech,
I always thought lines rolled from 1 to next if busy? Never actually physically watched it do it when not busy. I’m an old school tech of 30+ years. When I made a test call and got it to pick up at 8 secs, I thought I was good. Final call walking out the door it rolled from 1 to 2, then got my AA. It’s like even 8 sec may be too much.

Ya, chances are this is an IAD or EMTA box they are getting analog telco from. Hopefully you can get them to change it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back