Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations gmmastros on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEC SL1100

Status
Not open for further replies.

Concerned Phone User

IS-IT--Management
Jul 17, 2024
US
My company has been dealing with a particular issue the past 4 weeks and I am running out of options.

The issue comes from our Auto Attendant feature:

1. When calling into our main line, we have 4 telephone lines from AT&T, you are greeted by our Auto Attendant with options to select. In our main line, the first selection is our directory. Whenever you call into our office and try to select 1 for the directory, it keeps going through all of the options and you have to press 1 anywhere between 3-8 times before it finally registers the selection.
2. When it finally does accept the selection it goes into our second issue: First, when you dial for the person you want to reach, you hit the first 3 letters of their first name, it will either A) Say entry is not valid or B) direct you a completely different person. I.e. if you dial CHR, you will get the "This entry is not valid" or if you dial JAS, you will be directed to a person by the name of KRIS.

Has anyone else come across this issue? We have tried dealing with NEC, AT&T, Verizon and ran various tests from different carriers to find a solution with no luck.

Yep

The window for the DTMF tone to be recognized needs extending but for the life of me I can't remember where to change it! It is late here in western Australia and I will try to find a more definitive answer tomorrow assuming no one else comes up with a solution overnight!

@jsaad when I log into PCPro for the settings, there is no 90-68 for me to select, it only goes to 90-67

Sounds like ATT has DTMF too short. Now this is for an SV8100 etc...

You might have to be logged into Manufacturer.

80-03: DTMF Tone Receiver Setup: Choose 01 in drop down box - DTMF for extensions OR in your case choose 02 for Analog lines

80-03-07: 1

80-03-08: 1

Save and reboot.

For the system I am seeing, I have 80-08 and then 3 different options with scaling abilities

01 - Duration - 100.0msec-5500.0msec - currently set at 100.0msec
02 - Pause - 100.0msec-5500.0msec - currently set at 100.0msec
03 - Tone Level = -45.0dBm-3.0dBm - Currently set at -7.0dBm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back