Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEC SL1100 needs power cycle

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnotherRandomUser

Technical User
Jun 28, 2023
US
Recently the SL1100 has not been allowing users to call outside extensions on the network (forgive any words used incorrectly. This is not within my wheel house) and to correct it we're having to power cycle the black box hanging on our wall. IT has stated they see no errors on their end and are currently trying to find an outside company to troubleshoot. On the lower right side of this black box I see a blue light that flashes. I get 2 blue and 1 red. This is the case even when the outside extensions are working. Any ideas on why this is happening? Ideas on how to correct the issue?

Any help or insight is appreciated.

The red LED is an alarm indication. Many times it's no more than a reset was done. You need to log into the system to read them. Blue is normal run. You can try turning off then on the system, however you should get a dbase backup first. Some serious problems can turn up on a reboot and you are left with a bread box. Again you need to log in to get that. There are some companies that can log in remotely for a fee and troubleshoot the system. Search the internet and you will find them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back