Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEC SL1000 phone directs straight to voicemail - seemingly No Ring, No DND or forwarding on

Status
Not open for further replies.

IT_Wannabe

Technical User
Sep 6, 2023
US
HI All,

I'm having trouble with one particular extension of an NEC SL1000 phone not being able to take calls or ring when dialed. The phone works ok calling out & answering a trunk line but when dialed internally or having calls transferred top it, the red light does not light up for that extension & it goes directly to some sort of voicemail that's jacked up as well (not on the phone message box like a typical voicemail message). The phone also reads VRM-IMM on the display & is different than all the other extensions as they show the Day or Night mode depending on what's on/the time of day.

I hadn't had any luck finding info on this issue with other posts & the manual is unclear and doesn't show VRS-IMM anywhere.

Any help is greatly appreciated as I'm stumped.

Thanks!
IT_Wannabe

The user set up a VRS-IMM message to their phone. Try dialing 616 at that station and follow the prompts to cancel/erase the feature.

Thank you for the response, Belevedere. I tried dialing 616 on the terminal & receive a busy signal. No prompts show up like they would when we dial 741 to setup call forwarding.

Check MB 11-10-20. The default code is 616 but it may have been changed. Also check MB 20-07-13 and make sure permission is allowed.

11-10-20 shows 616. 20-07-13 shows 0 on CLS1 thru CLS14 with CLS 15 being 1. When I change CLS1 to 1 I can enter 616 & get a menu that shows 'R:7 L:5 E:3 ?' but cannot get to any messages in this screen (I'm unsure how). Will erasing these put the phone display back to the Day pic or will it remain as VRM-IMM pic?

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=7e9feabf-64cb-4951-9da7-0fa9aa5c8c83&file=Day.jpg
Thank you. When I enter 3 it shows a screen that says:

'Erase VRS MSG'
'Message No.'

It's unclear on what to enter. I try 1, 2 & even the extension number but nothing happens. If I enter too many digits it gives me a busy signal then returns to the main screen - still showing VRS-IMM.

Any ideas?

Appreciate the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back