Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEC Ranger AK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaun E

Systems Engineer
May 15, 2002
AU
Hello,

I've recently bought and installed an NEC Ranger AK-VS system in my house and have a few questions if anybody was willing to help. I'm also after an installation/programming manual in either PDF (preferred) or photocopied within Australia (I'm willing to pay of course). If anybody can offer any assistance that would be greatly appreciated.

Questions:

- How does one change the dialing mode from pulse to tone? I reset the system to clear the old speed dials, etc. the last owners had but now the dialing mode has gone to pulse.
- How does one enable background music? I have an external MOH source hooked up and working for external calls, but when I press "FNC 93 FNC" to listen to the BGM, I don't hear anything.
- Also, I've only got 4 lines on the system. Before the reset I could use the 2nd row as DSS, but now they appear to be line keys. Does anybody know how I can use these as DSS again?

Any help with any of the questions (especially the first) would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Shaun

Hi shaunewing,
I also have an old NEC Ranger AK-VS I would like to install and was wonderring if you get the instructions could you please e-mail me so I could get a copy of you. I am also willing to pay.

Thanks a bunch,
TTS

ttscomputers@telstra.com

Shaun
Go to programming mode press line key3 and dial 09 set the last digit on the right of the screen to 3 and it will be dtmf dialling for that exch line only. the digit after the 09 on the screen is the line No.
For BGM line key1 dial14 input a 1 and it is turned on
Also check your backup battery sounds like everything may have gone to default data at your last power failure.
Bob McDermaid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back