Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEC (Nitsuko) 28i KSU help

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtmiller76

Systems Engineer
Feb 10, 2022
US
Hello all,

I just removed an Nitsuko (NEC) 28i KSU from a friend's office space. The model number is DX2NA-24 and has the 24CPRU CPU, 8DSTU 8-digital station, and 4ATRU 4-analog trunk cards. I'd love to experiment with this system for home use, and use it to hookup my collection of old rotary analog phones to each other, and to a VoIP phone interface.

A few questions:

Will this system work with pulse dialing?

Does anyone have a copy of the programming software for this unit they could share with me? I can't seem to find it anywhere online. (I did find the manuals, however.)

Also looking for a couple of 4ASTU 4-station analog cards, and a single digital phone with display that will work with this KSU. I'll gladly pay for shipping to get them out of your closet!

Thanks for your help!
Greg

I spoke with NEC and they no longer have the software. Bumping this thread up to see if anyone can help? Thanks!

Hi,
Yes this system work with pulse.
You will definitely find on eBay parts.
These cards at some point may have a problem with the ringer generator and the phoneσ in the microphone resulting in the whole device making a loud noise. In both cases the damage are easily repairable.

econikos - Thanks for the information! I've been making a list of things to buy on eBay. I'm glad the prices are low for these items. I'll keep an eye out for the issue you mentioned. How would I repair that if it happens?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back