Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEC MAC/NOC Help 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbxcomm

Programmer
Sep 11, 2006
US
Hello all..
I have a possible new project coming soon.. That said, I am CISCO certified, ICOMM, CIPT 1 and CIPT 2 and Nortel Option certified as well.

For my question:
The project is an NEC PBX involved specifically NEC Resolve Plus, UG50, NEC Family CCS, NEC SV9XXX, UM8700, OW5000 / UA5200.
Its been quite sometime I have touched an NEC product and would need help with regards to moves adds and changes.

This site as always been my go to for technical assistance and would certainly need some for this project.
My next question: would available NEC starting guides exist here to help me with basic set data changes and deletions? My 30 year experience in PBX should help me with the NEC platform once I get a kick start.

Thanks to all

Regards

NEC Resolve Plus, UG50, NEC Family CCS, NEC SV9XXX, UM8700, OW5000 / UA5200.

Sounds like a larger PBX, SV8500/9500? You need to be more specific since the SV series includes 9100 and 9300. All 3 are different.
The 9500 is much more intensive in design, licensing and programming. You may have some difficulty picking it up if you have never worked on it before.
Which system is it?

Hi Belevedere and thank you for your reply..
Just to clarify:
NEC Univerge SV9100: PBX – Server Appliance Model
UM8700: Voice Mail
OW5000: Incoming Call Assistant
UA5200: Attendant Console
MA4000, which I received a training video and am in process of review

The site is a stand alone.

This NEC platform seems to be straight forward and not too much more of a learning curve than the CISCO to which I am certified.
This site only requires day to day MAC, the site is up and running. I may need assistance for moves adds and changes specifically configuring sets and licensing. I hope to get involved but without some backing, it may not be an option.

Thanks again

The SV9100 is not too difficult. The programming is the same as the SL series with a lot more added. But, the basics are the same. You can find lots of free downloads and guides at Most will cross over to the SV system. It does use it's own version of PCPro. Also, PCPRo for the sv9100 has 2 versions depending on which CPU you have, CP-10 or CP-20.

With the included OAI apps and the mention of appliance model, I think this is an SV9500

pbxcomm needs to determine exactly what he has. I believe the UG50 is SV8500/9500 only. The other peripherals can go on a SV9300.
Pictures would help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back