Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEC ITL-8R-1 Wireless Handset Connection Issues on SV8100

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbcsteel

IS-IT--Management
Aug 13, 2019
US
Hi There,

I have a huge headache that I can't seem to figure out. We are using an out of date SV8100 even though it's out of warranty and not supported by NEC. We are planning on changing to Cisco VOIP within the next year or so, but have an issue with our current system that I can't seem to figure out. So we needed a wireless headset that is IP based. The only handset I could find was the ITL-8R-1 base station with wireless handset. We got it configured and set up with our SIP server. It pulls an extension most of the time, but randomly the screen goes blank. When it does pull the extension internal calls will work for about 5-10 seconds and then suddenly drop. I checked the cable, cisco port settings on our 2960 and even setup a new port on a different switch..nothing resolved the issue. I mirrored the port for our SIP server and used wireshark to capture packets. During the call it's being rejected for some reason. I'm far from an expert with analyzing these logs so I was hoping someone could help and shed some light on my problem. Any direction would be extremely helpful.

Wirehshark logs are below.

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back