Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEC/Iomega ZIP250????

Status
Not open for further replies.

bille

ISP
Sep 18, 1999
AU
I have purchased what I thought was an Iomega Zip250 internal Atapi drive (New, OEM, no box) from a computer store, after I had installed it I became aware that it was infact a NEC Zip250 internal drive, (it came with Iomega software) ....... I have heard all about the Iomega "CLICK of DEATH" but can find no mention of it in relation to NEC, I haven't spoken to the store yet as I need to get some facts before I do, can anybody enlighten me about any of the above or any other issues relating to either drive ..... thanks in advance.

Your drive is likely nothing more than an OEM version. Jumpers can be used to switch it to read IOMega or NEC if memory serves, been a while since I threw one around on the bench.

I wouldn't worry overmuch - if you're truly curious, register the thing for warranty :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back