Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEC Electra 48 w/Elite voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

pabell

Technical User
Sep 5, 2002
US
I have installed a NEC Electra 48 with a voicemail Elite in slot 07 for a friend that wanted to reuse it from another site ( I mostly work on Avaya )

I worked on them awhile ago but can get around logging into x100 or x101 ...also using cosession for the voicemail

*my question is this we have ports 01-08 (x100-107) on the first 8 pairs ...w/blue to rd/grn pairs

(4 port co card in slot 02) pairs 9-12 for co # 1 - #4
rd/brn to black/orange pairs

8 port Digital card in slot 03 pairs pairs 16-24
yellow/orange to v-/brn pairs

since we are adding more co trunks I programmed slot 04
for a 4 port co card ...card is back ordered ....I will
install it at a later date ...can the co card be installed
while the power is on I know if you do anything with the voicemail card you make busy with the dip switch on vm card and wait 45 - 60 seconds before pulling card ...I programmed all the phones for lines 1-8 and dit day to ring voicemail ....

will trunks 5-8 fall on the second amp pairs 1-4 being w/blue to w/brn pairs

is there a cheat sheet for the color code depending on what card you install in what slot ???I looked through a Manual
on cd and found nothing

its a pretty nice little system for the small business
world and the customer has some other bigger NEC systems
through out the country ....like I said we mostly deal
in Avaya systems but did this for a favor for them

Thanks for any and all posts

As far as Slot to Amphenol cable assignment goes:

Slot 1,3,4 Correspond to Amp 1
Slot 5,6,7 " " Amp 2

I am not use to looking at the Amps by color assignment. I usually just split the 66 block in to three parts (8 Pairs each)

Each slot can have a total of 8 Ports (8 Pairs) --

So, in your configuration it should be like this,

Built in ESI ports (Slot 1) - 1st Eight pairs on Amp 1
Slot 2 does not have a voice path - Use only for MIFM card (or other cards not requiring a voice path)

8 Port ESI card (Slot 3)- 2nd Eight Pairs on Amp 1
4 Port Co Card (Slot 4) - 3rd Eight Pairs on Amp 1
4 Port CO card (Slot 5) - 1st Eight Pairs on Amp 2
Voicemail Card (Slot 7) - 3rd Eight Pairs on Amp 2 (which are not going to be used because its all software anyways)

Let me know if you have any questions. If you have the CD look over the Hardware Manual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back