Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEC DT800 Extension Light Keeps blinkin

seilerr

IS-IT--Management
Aug 27, 2024
My extension on all of the office phones continues to blink and I don't know what I did to make that happen. Can someone help please?

PRess Speaker and one of the following

Depending on your numbering plan will determine whether the above will work.

When I hit speaker then press *0, it then goes to a busy signal.
720 doesn't work at all

You will have an errornous forward or do not disturb on your extension. Your numbering scheme is different, have you tried prefixing 720 with a * (asterix/star). Are yoou able to turn this off via MENU then Telephone Settings? Is there >>> showing on the display of your telephone extension?

What does the upper display show on your phone? If it shows Hang Up, the Headset button was depressed by mistake. Do you have Headset in the menu on the top display? If so, press the button just below that and see if that resolves the issue.

I have a handset with an arrow pointing to the left

My extension on all of the office phones continues to blink and I don't know what I did to make that happen. Can someone help please?
If it is on all phones, most likely it is "General Message" through VRS. Check if there is some value in command 40-10-02. If it is some value other than 0, check service code defined in command 11-12-22. Dial that service code from any extension and it should clear. If the value in 40-10-02 is 0, check command 11-12-37 for the Common cancelling service code. Use use this code to cancel your "unknown" activated feature.

If it doesn't help, post a snap of display of your phone.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back