Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEC DT800 extension change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2023
US
I am trying to change an extension on a DT800 NEC phone I went into the SV9100 system and swapped the extension but the phone states duplicate extension. I tried Hard resetting the phone but it still has the same extension. Is there a way to assign the phone a new extension. My big issue is that the extension being used is 301 and in the auto attendant it says press 3 for customer support. Whenever someone dials in and selects ext. 301 all the customer service phones ring. I didn't set up the system and was recently hired and I am just trying to find a solution. I am not very proficient with NEC systems. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Check MB 11-02 and 11-04 for the duplicate extension. Free it up by changing it to an unused number or delete it. Then try again to swap the number.

Things don't add up here 11-02 and 11-04 won't allow you to enter a number twice, so it can't be a duplicate extension there (unless that is where you are seeing the duplicate prompt). You usually see Duplicate extension when you are trying to register an IP phone to a number that is already registered to another phone. Also the 3 in your auto attendant is not related to the extension numbering, in the programming of the auto attendant you specify the destination if a digit (in this case 3) is pressed and as you can use 1 to 0 it can't clash with your numbering scheme.

If this is an IP extension, you can deregister the current handset using Web Pro or handset programming (you can't use PC Pro) by using 90-23 then register the new handset.

Sounds to me like someone programmed the ext numbers in the SIP accounts on the phones.

So I deleted the handsets under 90-23 and then added a new extension under 11-02 to the ports but now the phones state not found extension no. I am not sure what I am doing wrong but it is not accepting a new extension.

Are you using PC Pro? You need PC Pro to set up the new VoIP number and you can't do this from Web Pro or handset programming!

Ok Maybe that is the issue as I am using WebPro but just trying to assign a new Extension to an existing handset.

You can most certainly setup a new VOIP phone from WebPro. Like I said, someone apparently programmed the extension number in the PHONE programming under SIP info. When you switched the extensions that's what happens. See this all the time when companies that don't know what they are doing program the system. Default the phone, delete the registered IP phone if any, make sure your new phone numbers are in the numbering plan (they should NOT show in extension info) log out. Put in the correct SIP info for that defaulted phone..it should now pick up the first available ext number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back