Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nec Dsx-40 alarm flashes 4 red 1 green

Status
Not open for further replies.

The mitel guy

Programmer
Dec 6, 2019
US
The alarm light flashes four times red then one time green and all of the telephones within the system are dead. There's only six phones on the system. The system looks to have a minimum of four Co lines. I have tried a simple reboot does not help. I took the cover off and replaced the CMOS battery. I have held the default button down both after powering it on and letting it run and hold the reset button down after flipping the power switch back on counting to 30 it makes no difference. Does anybody have any ideas why this thing will go from red to green and have all the phones dead I also disconnected all of the line cords from the system and I took the trunk card out of the system and it still won't load. What could be the issue is it a dead power supply corrupted firmware I have no idea please help

I found the issue with the telephone system, the power supply has a bad capacitor that leaked its electrolytic fluid out and it destroyed the circuit board through a process we call corrosion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back