Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nec Cosession for windows. 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

markwho

Technical User
Apr 18, 2005
What version of Cosession for windows (NEC) will work on the XP version of windows? Version 7.0 will not. And, where can I get it?

Version 7.0 works fine. Never have had a problem in the past. What isn't working about it??

NEC COSESSIONS 7.0 IS FOR WINDOWS 98 OR BELOW AND WILL NOT LOAD PROPERLY ON XP. HAVE BEEN TOLD THERE IS A HIGHER VERSION OF COSESSIONS THAT IS DESIGNED FOR XP. IS THERE? AND WHERE CAN I GET IT?

Honestly mate, it works fine. I've been running it for ages. Just cos its meant for 98 doesn't mean it won't work on XP. Get it from NEC with the purchase of any xen voice mail card. Do a search on google for it too.. Version 7 is all there is out at the moment

When you install it you choose custom install and then remote only. when asked what connection you'll use, choose modem/serial. It'll install the software, then ask you to register. hit cancel and you're done. Setup a connection for Xen mail and you're all done.

Thanks shardian!! I was not installing from "custom install" It loaded properly! Thanks, once again!!

WARNING:
There is a version of Cosession Remote called Cosession Remote 32 but is NOT compatible with Windows XP. It was only meant for Windows NT. If it is installed on a Windows XP machine, the keyboard will no longer work. I had a fun time removing it from an computer running XP. I had to use system restore to roll back the computer to a restore point before Remote 32 was installed. It had also disabled the Quick Login feature of XP.

There is also a version of Cosession Remote called Cosession 2000 but it is not compatible with older versions of Host.

Basically Cosession Remote is dead or what I like to call "Abandoned-ware" because it is no longer available or supported by the company that now owns it.

Here is a brief list of companies that have owned Cosessions Remote.

Triton Technologies. I've only seen this name on the original DOS version of the program.

Artisoft. I think they were the company who changed it to work in Windows.

Sparta Com. I don't know much about that company. If you try to go to their Website, you will be redirected to Converging Technologies, where it says "Sparta Com is now Converging Technologies.

Converging Technologies. This is the current owner of Cosession Remote but they do not offer it for sale or have any specifications listed for it on their website.They do have some old technical support bulletins for cosessions but you have to do a search on the website to find them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back