Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEC Aspire need to call forward off premise after no answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

cray27249

Vendor
Mar 27, 2003
MD
I have a customer with a NEC Aspire that uses DID over PRI. Calls come in to extension 301 (virtual extension) and ring on assigned sets. They want it to transfer to off premise answering service after 4 rings. Is that set up in the transfer target area? Any help would be greatly appreciated. NEC has told me the no longer support this system.

Try this;
22-11, inc number, target 9-xxx-yyy-zzzz, busy/no ans, target 1 ring group 1 with 301 in the ring group. taget 2 = 0, ring group trf set to 0.
It should ring 301 and if not answered call the specified outside number.
Or, set 301 to cf b/na in 24-07

Thank you for the quick response. I tried the second solution and it sent it to the answering service immediately. I don’t see an option for busy / no answer on the programming page for virtual extension 301.

The first solution I don’t understand. The DID received number is 9999 The target is VE301. Transfer operation is set to no answer. The transfer target 1 and 2 will only accept 4 digits. Is there a way to program a speed dial bin and insert it in the target?

In 22-11-05/06 you can specify a sys spd bin, the entry is 1000-1999 for bins 000-999

So I would put the speed dial bin number in the transfer target 1 location and set transfer target 2 to 0. Thanks again for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back