Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEC AD8 OFF-PREM TRANSFER

Status
Not open for further replies.

telpro

Technical User
Oct 11, 2003
US
Im using an AD8 on the NEC ProII. I have never been able to figure out how to set the AD8 to transfer offsite. I know that I could use offsite forwarding from a station but that isnt available on this rev cpu. It seems that the AD8 is designed to do this (in the transfer field) but it wont work. I havnt been able to do this on Elites either. I think it might work on the AD40. The "help" prompt even suggests entering an outside number in the transfer field.
Or how about a centrex type transfer. Can the Ad8 flash a trunk and transfer? Thanks!

You have to include an access code (9) in the transfer field and/or enter the access code in the outdial field on the application setup screen. Also, you have to program trunk-to trunk transfer into the pro II. 1-8-08:3-5 for the cos on the voice mail ports, and 3-04 for the trunks.

Thanks Havonasun, Im aware of the outdial access code field and Im sure it was correctly set at 9. I cant try the other suggestions yet but Im pretty sure that I tried them before. Have you seen this work with the ad8 and proII? Also, any ideas on the ad8 flashing a centrex trunk and transferring that way? Thanks again!

Hey telpro. I have done this succesfully on several occasions, and it sounds as if you are doing this correct if the MB's havonasun suggested are right. As far as Centrex transfer is concerned, you need to assign an access code in MB 1-1-47 to be a hookflash (6# is the default code for feature 027). Then you simply place this code in front of the number to transer to. I beleive you may also have to change the OTL (Outdial Trigger Length), so that it does not automatically place a 9 in front of the string.

Just thought of one more thing. I think I have done this in the past on an E-Pro. I know you mentioned you can not forward CAR's off premise, but can you assign a dummy SLI card, and forward these extensions?

Thanks gmannatl! I havnt had to impement this yet due to customer delays. Your idea about the flash code was a good one. I wasnt aware that a phantom sli could be used but thats a good idea too! Thanks for your interest and I will post if I get it working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back