Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEC 9500 voice issue 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero6

Technical User
Oct 20, 2016
CW
Hi All,

I have an issue with a nec 9500 where you can make calls and recieve calls, but there is no audio.
There was a power failure in, but the NEC it self was on ups and the generator kicked in.
But for some reason when making a calls through the E1 of the provider there is no audio, the provider also checked in their system and said there is no issue.
THere are analogue phones connected also, and they can hear and talk both ways, it seems to affect only ip phones.
When analogue ext makes a call to an ip ext there is no audio and also vice verse.
When Ip phone ext makes a call to another ip phone there is no audio.

I was thinking of rebooting the switches at a few locations to see if this would help, as there where not on a ups, before dealing with the pbx it self.
Because I rebooted the phones, but the isue stayd the same and I don't want to reboot the switch and suddenly something like restriction appears on the phone and cannot make calls.

Is there a way to check in the ppbx if the audio issue is from the pbx.
Also we reboot the pbx, what would be the shutdown and startup order?

Thank you in advance

I don't think you need a reboot.

It sounds like you have an issue with your IP Pad cards. The IP Pad cards are the link between the TDM World (old fashion telephony) and the IP (VOIP) World. The 2 Worlds cannot talk to each other without some type of connection point or DSP resource. In the 2400, 8500 and 9500 that is the Pad card.

Locate the PAD cards probably a 32IPDA or 32IPDB. It will have an Ethernet card on the front of it. As a quick fix you can try to reset the card. Flip the make busy switch and then unseat the card, wait a few seconds then seat the card and put it back into service.

I have a suspicion that this will not help but try it anyway. Where the problem may rest is the firmware on the card. You will need to use DISS to check the firmware on the card if it is Version 13 you have been running on a time bomb that just went off. You will have to upgrade the firmware to the last version which is 17.x

I should have a copy of the software but don't know where it is.

Even if the reboot works check the firmware. If it is 13 ti will happen again.

Let me know if you need the firmware.

There are 10 kinds of people in the World.

Those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Hi DoubleDriveLine

It seems it was more issues.
The E1 is connected to a 7400 pbx and then it is bridged somehow to the 9500
It seems a power supply in the 7400 go the defect, but we managed to replace it.
After that I all the cards and ever thing worked again

Thank you for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back