Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEC 3C and MOH to SIP trunks

Status
Not open for further replies.

TXtac

Vendor
Sep 9, 2011
US
Have NEC 3C system. MOH works fine on internal station to station calls and was working when using PRI trunks. Since going to SIP trunks when a call on the SIP trunks is placed on hold the external caller gets silence and no MOH. Has anyone seen this before?

While I'm not familiar with the NEC 3C system, I've had the same issue on other systems where RFC 2543 hold was used. The system was sending a 'hold' message to the service provider which didn't have any music configured so the remote party heard silence. When I disabled this everything started working.

I did a bit of searching and came across a configuration document for the 3C system that mentions this. Could be worth trying (just the first few steps, you don't need to change the codec list):
Screenshot_2023-12-07_at_11.27.53_am_hzqa9t.png

Found this in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back