Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEC 2400 IPX Bayface Layout 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

FieldTek

Vendor
Sep 15, 2005
US
I have a couple of questions and was hoping to get some direction.
Recently I took over MAC and documentatiuon responsibilities on an NEC 2400 IPX for a company I work for.I was woundering were I could get a template for this swith to documnent what card I have and were its located.
What is the procedure for locating, identifying and decommisioning of unused extensions. We a running out of numbers in our exchange an know there has to be numbers/Lens that are not being used, I want to recover if possible and redeploy, any ideas?

Thanks again for any help..

Wayne

The link doesn't work.

Fieldtek

The only way is to do a traffic report and then peg out suspected spares to see if anyone screams. At least if you peg them out they are easy to let back in.

Actually, AimWorx will give you a complete bayface layout. As far as finding out which extensions are used or not, I suppose a peg count could work.

AimWorx has a GREAT management plugin which allows you to easily assign phones to unused ports, gives you a bayface report, etc.

Just my 2¢

"In order to start solving a problem, one must first identify its owner." --Me
--Greg

Sorry,if you sweep the hole link plus the last part that does not hi lite,copy then paste it in the address box it will take you there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back