Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEC 2000 IVS 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomshenryii

Programmer
Aug 15, 2008
US
Does anyone have any diagrams of voltage output readings on the PZ-PW121? I believe I have a bad power supply. The phone system works fine but the analog ports get sub par voltage readings. I get 50 volts AC on ringing voltage and 24 volts DC on idle.

Should be 90vac for the analog ringer, and -27vdc/-5vdc for the rest of the system.
If you have the PW-86 power supply then there should be connector labeled GND/FG/-27v. You can trace the plug to the back plane and insert you meter probe into the back of the connector. The RSG connector has 3 wires in it to the back plane. The only way to check it is through the back of the connector.

Twice I've had TDM digital phones power up and die sporadically when the PZ-PW21 tested good with my multi-meter.
Just out of instinct (and nothing else to try) I replaced the power supply and the system began working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back