Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEC 2000 IPS and NEC AD-40 Voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unitas99007

IS-IT--Management
Sep 14, 2004
US
Well, it's been a long time since I posted here- a couple of years, in fact. But, I cam back to tek-tips. They are so good, with so many answers.

Anyway, here is the deal. I'm a little more sseasoned since my last post, and know ALOT more about phone systems and voicemail and the like. Haha.

Got a NEC 2000 IPS and AD-40 for Voicemail. Recently, I was an idiot and wiped the main greeting for our voicemail. I know how to set up a voicemail message, any dolt can do that. What I don't know is how to set the message up to where it does various things based on what number you press during the message.

IE, "Press 1 for directory, Press 2 to transfer to an extension, Press 3 to leave a message". Anybody got ideas on how to do that?

Also, I use MATWorX for connecting to my PBX and love it. So much faster than programmming. Is there a similar program for the AD-40 I could use to manage the voicemail from my Windows XP workstation?

Thanks!

John Wilson
Anchor Sign, Inc.
NEC NEAX 2000 IVS2
Windows 2003 Server domain

OK, got the cosession part. I'll look into that. Any tips on programming the main vm box tho?

John Wilson, A+
Network Admin
Server 2003 environment
NEC IPS2 + NEC AD-40

In co-session, once you are in, type CTRL-T and you will see transaction boxes. Go to the transaction box - opening greeting - and you will see on the bottom half of the screen the options menu i.e. press 1 - NXX ext.

Actaully on an AD40 there is an Opening Greeting Page in the Easymade Applications Page 3 of 12. This is where your MAIN Greeting and One key options are located.

Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back