Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEC 2000 Call Forward Busy

Status
Not open for further replies.

chalsey

MIS
Aug 9, 2005
US
I'm new to using NEC's. I've got a user that when on their main line, a second call goes to a busy rather than rolling up to their second line. I walked them through the following steps. Lift recvr, press speaker #1 and dial the extension of the second line. When they enter the 2nd digit it goes to a busy. Am I missing something? Thank you.

Are you sure that *1 is the access code for call forward busy. On my 2000 *1 is set for tone or voice call. *3 is set for call forward busy to second line. Do # first just in case user set manually and did not set correctly.

I would check programming.
MOC mode

200>A1>?????
200>B1>?????

it should/could be
200>A1>012 (CF Busy/NA set)
200>B1>013 (CF Busy/NA cancel)

I would also check CMD 21 for single digit access code to make sure that wasn't interfering with the 200 code. 210>A> if it says empty your good if not CCC it.

Regards,

Dr VuDu

Try SPEAKER + *6 + second line...your feature access code could have been changed but default is usually *6 to set CFBNA and #6 to cancel...

After you hear the set tone try to program it again and it should show where you're forwarded to in the display. (Also, if you have softkeys and they haven't been changed check the third line of your display for something that says FDN...you can set it that way also)

Thank you everyone for your responses. One of my co-workers was able to show me how to dial into the system and make the changes so the user is all set! Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back