Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEC 200 IPS "0" not ringing at receptionist desk

Status
Not open for further replies.

imeldesign

IS-IT--Management
May 21, 2004
US
Spent all morning trying to figure out what is going on. I thought a callback had been put on the receptionist's extension by accident. Had her Speaker #1 it five times to cancel any call backs first since this seems to be a continuing problem. #5, #6, #7, all say restrict.
Inside calls dialing 2475 go to receptionist line and rings.
Inside calls dialing 0 just ring (but where/). It does not ring at ext 2475 like it has for 10 years.
Outside calls ring at receptionist if 0 or 2475 is entered on auto attendant.

Where do I even look. Since I am remote I can dial in and use MOC

I looked at E601, E602, E603 for ext 2475 and they all say NONE.

How do I fix 0 going to 2475?

An added twist is that a pastor says calls (0 ?) are coming to his cell. I was thinking the receptionist accidentally forward her line to his cell instead of the virtual ext for the pastor on call. But internal 2475 works (no forward) Not sure how internal "0" would be forwarded to cell. But since #5, #6, and #7 all say RESTRICT that leads me back to a callback.

Any ideas?

Melanie

Yes... same as 2475. All say NONE.

It seems like 0 no longer points to 2475.

In your number plan CMD 200, what is 0 assigned for?
800 = attendant console
801 = single digit number plan.
If it's 801, try assigning 0 under a button on the phone. See if it rings/answers there.

Since I am remote I connected via modem to the phone system. Through MOC I looked at
Command (f9) = 800
800>0>NONE
801>0>NONE

I am sure I am doing it wrong. This 0 for receptionist has worked for years. Not sure why it stopped.

Melanie

The command that Mr. Belevedere is referring to looks like this:

200>0

If you get "800" then 0 is an attendant console.
If you get "801" then 0 is a single digit extension number.

Thanks for the clarification. It is 801.
Melanie

So it is a single digit extension. set Cmd E600 de 0 de 2475 exe and calls to 0 should go to reception. There is also the possibility that 0 has somehow been put into DND and the pastor's phone just happens to be the automatic transfer destination for DND calls. One other option is that 0 is the pilot of a hunt group or UCD group and the first extension in the group has been forwarded. Check Cmds 17 and 18 to see if it is in a group!

No hunt groups or any other groups so we can cross that off. I'll check on the DND tomorrow.

I thinks she accidentally forwarded her line instead of the Virtual Extension (a button on her phone) to the pastor on call's phone and couldn't cancel it due to a callback. She only noticed it because she tried to change it today. After #1 several times on both lines she was able to re-assign the Virtual Ext to the another pastor. I think in her many attempts to do this she forgot to select that line and forward her line instead.

It is a bunch of issues piled up.

CallBack(s) that need to be cancelled so forwarding could be changed.
Accidental forwarding of her extension.
I'll troubleshoot more tomorrow.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back