Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEAXMail AD-40 VM on a single set

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcneil

IS-IT--Management
Jun 1, 2005
US
SCENARIO:
I have a single telephone set(station) that is being used is used by four instructors this college on ext-6444. I want to be able to assign a voice mail box number at this one extension so that each instructor can get their own messages.

Here is the example of the scenario that I need to have:

Call comes into telephone set (station) ext-6444. No answer then VM picks it up. First annoncement says "Thanks for calling to reach Mary press 1 to reach Bill press 2, to reach Sally press 3, to reach Tom press 4."

After pressing 1, 2, 3, or 4 the caller will be routed into the correct sub mailbox.

Is this possible and if it is how is this done?

Create a Mailbox 6444, in the greeting of the box place the announcement "Thanks for calling to reach Mary press 1 to reach Bill press 2, to reach Sally press 3, to reach Tom press 4". In the One Key Dialing portion of box 6444 set 1 to mailbox 99001, 2 to 99002, 3 to 99003 and 4 99004. Then create mailboxs 99001, 99002, 99003 and 99004.

The after greeting option for box 6444 should be set to something other than TAKE-MESSAGE, you might even want to send the call to one of the mailboxs, 99002 for example.

Mailboxs 99001-99004 can be any number but should NOT be part of the PBX extension range. To access their Mailbox the user dials the pilot of the voicemail enter their ID, uasiually 9+the mailbox number, 999001 for example.

Hope this helps.

Victor

We will try this. Thanks Victor.

Savonne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back