Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEAX2000IPS C.O. Digit increase from 7 to 8 numbers 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

RV482

IS-IT--Management
Jun 30, 2014
PH
Hi Belevedere,

It's been awhile but this time the Telcos are scheduling the implementation on the digit increase from 7 to 8 digits trunks line.

As I mentioned way back febuary, how are we to add another digit 'space' as the telco will add it on the front of the trunk number. e.g. from 989-5700 to 8-989-5700.. We are using PRI30 and E1/R2?

Your previous advise was LCR CM855,856, 857.

I've attached the data my partner captured on the E1 and PRI configuration for reference.

Again, thanks for all the help!

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=14b9cf75-ece1-47a9-a333-3cb0560868ca&file=IPS_PRI_Config.xls
The data you posted does not include any LCR programming. If you dial 9 for outside trunking, then CMD 200>9>A126. From there it goes into the LCR tables. 8AA4005>1x>YYYY, 8AYYYY>aabbb, 855>12-19>11 (digits dialed, or 12) depending on telco requirements.
EX: PRI trunks in route 31, dialing 125551234
200>9>8A126 = dial 9 for LCR table 0
8AA000>4005 = LCR table 0
8A4005>12>0001, digits dialed 12
8A0001>1>31001, route 31 + table 001
855>12>11, 11 digits allowed

Hi Belevedere and OzzieGeorge,

Again, Very much appreciate your information and guidance, we're researching this and make the necessary notes for the digit increase from the Telco.

I will let you know how it goes

Again, Thank you! :)

Hi Belevedere and OzzieGeorge,

The incoming calls on the NEAX2000IPS was successful, again many thanks to that, unfortunately our outgoing did not work. We were using >3512>00>010 for the digit deletion as our value in CMD85 was 24.

Still not working, after dialing '9 + new 8 digit numbers', either we get a fast busy tone or a telco announcement saying 'the number does not exist'. It seems that the last digit dialed has not been sent.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks again!

When you dial the number, look at the LCD and see what/how many digits appear.

Hi Belevedere,

On the LCD, it's <9> and the 8 digit number, but when we coordinated with the telco, only 7 is received. So we receive the announcement form the telco on the new numbering plan or a fast busy.

How do we extend the digits to be sent? We're using and E1<DTB> and 4RSTB<r2> and one is and ISDN.

Any thought?

Again, thanks!

Check CMD's 850 - 857 for maximum digits. If one of those tables is being used, increase the maximum digits by 1.

Hi Belevedere,

Thanks for the info! We've managed to successfully make a call out...

For the ISDN, we've requested a call/sign trace and I've attached the result, the last digit is not sent. They suggested (as a provide, it seems they have knowledge with the IPS) to look at CMD 50-05? Will that work?

Again, many thanks!

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=2ea64f97-4a2a-40d7-bf76-3a2d14ad61c5&file=IPS_ISDN.jpg
Cmd 5005 is for caller ID and has nothing to do with the digit length of numbers. There is more than one issue at play here, You are solely looking for a solution to digit length but (I suspect your carrier has prefixed numbers with an additional digit) the additional digit will mean you need to completely revisit the LCR as the LCR analyses the first so many digits to decide how long it should be and now all those numbers begin with a single digit. I would suggest you need a qualified tech to deal with this.

However in the LCR if you follow through the LCR FAQ you will get to a point where you are dealing with an 8A400X number note down the X number and go to command 85X then check what your setting is for 8 change it to 8 and see if it works. There is a possibility that it needs to be set to 9 if A129 was used in 8AA000, see how you go. Things will still need to be tidied up though.

Hi Belevedere and OzziGeorge,

Thank you for all the input and guides, after analyzing it, trial and error and coordination with the telco, we've completed the 8 digit migration.

Very much appreciate it!

Best Regards,
Ruel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back