Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEAX IPS 2000 PBX Station Assignment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speedline

MIS
Jul 4, 2006
CA
Hi,

NEAX IPS 2000 PBX and MATWorx32 Station Assignment: while the few of us can manage this as is, we are very much beginners when it comes to improving functionality. We are running out of currently usable extensions for phones as company continues to grow. For example, station's 3340-3350 are all "unassigned". I have attached a screenshot to explain what I mean. Meanwhile station 3351 is assigned, has a LEN and tenant number, and can be used as a phone extension. This is what we want however we have no idea how to accomplish it.

Any help is greatly appreciated, after pouring over some manuals and lots of Googling... we are still lost.

If you have no experience programming this system, and insist on doing it yourself, pack a lot of patience. Most if not every NEC engineer that worked on this system program it using the MOC mode which is hex code. MATWorX is useful in that you can get to MOC mode and not have to do it through a phone. My first suggestion is to run a LEN list and post it. That will tell us if you have any available station ports. Anything listed as FXXX or FXXX is a multiline telephone. XXX or XXXX is a single line and DXXX is an analog trunk. The cards should be 8 port cards. So looking at the list out you can determine what is available.
Search the options at the top of MATWorX to find the LEN list. Leave the options at default. You can export it to Excel.

You will find LEN list under System Maintenance.
MOC mode under Tool.
Adding a station using GUI, Under Station, select station assignment. Type in the extension number, type in the LENs number click on look up (red/blue arrows). If it's a valid station number and a valid LENs number click on the write button (abc/ABC). You can then use the remaining tabs to modify station options.

Hi,

Attached is the lenlist.xls

We've looked at the LEN list before and had some dialogue about whether there were steps prior to this (which is why we seem to be an an impasse) or if we could proceed. I say proceed because we have some steps here from years ago from the previous IT guys which seem to mimic to some degree at least what you are saying. I don't know if there are still more steps to this but here is basically what we have:

1. Len listup
First find the next available extension (ie 3330)
Click Maintenance and then Len Listup
Click Lookup LEN assignments
Find the next two available Virtual LEN number by sorting the LEN column
Find the next available Physical Len number again by sorting the LEN column

2. And then it proceeds to assigning a physical LEN to an extension via CAT mode in detail (which appears to be done a phone)

3. And then the next step is assigning a virtual LEN to a virtual line via CAT mode in detail

Next would be asigns Dterm keys, adding extensions, SMDR tracking, and so forth, which I think we're comfortable with.

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=6c66c53f-07a4-4bdc-b58f-8c8b583fe2c6&file=lenlist.xls
Also, I don't know what to make of this because I have never worked with phones before.

"There is still 5 ports available to expand the phone system, the connection on the bix are highlighted."

And a photo was attached:

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=a9cdb498-e612-412a-b2b4-01c071893d15&file=image2016-7-8_9-36-25.png
Your LENs list shows 01012, 01015 as available for a multiline terminal. V0051-0078 available for virtuals. The LENs' highlighted in yellow have your digital announcement cards. Therefore they cannot be used for stations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back