Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEAX 2400 ipx EMA card replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jewelll

Systems Engineer
Jan 6, 2021
BD
Hello
I need to change my ima card (PX-PC01) in 2400 IPX system. Can anyone help me inform them of any license issues?
I also got the PX-PC01 3A where I had the existing PX-PC01 5A. is it any problem?
Thanks
Shahidull

If your EMA card is bad you have reached the end of the line for your 2400 IPX. The hardware key code is burned to the EMA card. You can't change it out the EMA without loading a new license file and activating it. You can't do that because the 2400 has been EOL for many years. NEC no longer supports it for any licensing.

You will need to replace the whole system.

There are 10 kinds of people in the World.

Those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Screenshot_6_rl6zke.png

My problem is showing this error when I'm going to use PcPro, I can't login PcPro and ema card shows red led. Any one have any idea please?

Your system has lost its activation

On the top of PC Pro menu bar look for System | Activation
It allows you to bring up AACT to register the activation code to the system.

You must have the activation code that was sent out with the system. The original install disks. If you don't have that you can't register the system.

If you have it then registration would work provided the license file on the hard drive is unchanged. The activation code is for the license file. The license file has to be written for the Hardware Key code burned into the EMA card.

If those are lost or location unknown there is no way to activate the system.

Thanks for your advice
Screenshot_23_thaxxt.png
Screenshot_24_qqbfep.png

Bro, actually my EMA card damaged, I've install new one and now I get hardware keycode
and also get software keycode and activation code but when I press set key its show
"Certify NG". now what I should to do?

You can't fix that issue. You can't replace the EMA card because the hardware key code is burned to the EMA card. Once you change it your license file is invalid. Since NEC will not sell licenses for the 2400 you are SOL.

Time to move on.

Hello
I need to communicate NEAX-2400 IPX system with my PC via com port (with I/O card). Can anyone help me please inform how to connect MAT Tools with RS-232 cable. I have DTE cable, PL2303 cable, USB to DB9, all cable drivers and also Mat Tools installed on windows7 OS PC. I can't connect via lan because of activation code Error (ema Issue). please share me the solution link or instractions to connect.

Thanks,
Shahidull

You need 2 NEC Proprietary cables to connect to the IOC card port 0 for the MAT. Then you will need a 25 pin to 9 pin serial cable or adapter.

Note no you cannot custom make one as NEC never provided the pin out.

Links are provided to reference what the cables look like.

IPX 2Port CA-A "Y cable" note these cables are notorious for going bad.

NEC 2400 RS-232C CA-1

Capture8_d6ixah.png

Thanks a lot bro,
I don't have proprietary cables, I only have a DTE (DB25) male to male proprietary cable all the rest are custom made.
I need better vedio link MAT Tools user guide. Instraction please.
Thanks

Hello everyone

I need the NEAX-2400 IPX system to communicate with my PC via com port (with I/O card). Can anyone help me how to connect pcpro via serial cable. I've collected proprietary cables. My presant problem is activation code error. if I contact this via I/O card with conn0 will it solve my problem?

Thanks

No you will still have an activation code problem. Until the system is activated you cannot connect with PC Pro.

Hello,
l need 'MATWroX' software but I don't get any valid download link. can anybody share valid link or google drive file share link?

Hello,
I've install MATWorX V13 , my pc os windows-7 32 bit, I collect all propritory cables steel I cann't connect with my "NEAX-2400IPX". Here is the steps & error.........

emg1_fyztdj.png
img2_afmshp.png

If cable disconect during locate show billow error, can anybody help to connect?

img3_rncuaf.png

That version of software was for the NEAX 2000 IPS and earlier 2000's. It is not for the 2400 of any version.

Prior to the change to PC Pro I don't recall what the old software might have been called. If your IPX is version R12 or higher you should be using PC Pro. It will work just fine.

It should go without saying unless you get the activation code you are not connecting to the system. It doesn't matter what software you have.

You need the IPX MAT. However, it will not help you if the system is not properly licensed and registered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back